Fibre Connectivity Package
Blu – 3
September 2019 – August 2020
- The works include the installation of fibre connectivity throughout the whole campus at the site.
- The primary activity is the installation of over 60,000 metres of 40 way PVC ducts in concrete surround.
- Safe decommission of 6 nr. existing landscaping structures with reconstruction to taking place upon completion of fibre connectivity works.
- Temporary works installations throughout the site including use of cofferdams, trench boxes and temporary support structures to protect existing services, to maintain live roads and paths, and to allow safe work beside existing ponds & water ways where the excavation depths are below existing water levels.
- Install 600 metres of diversions of existing LV and MV ducting installations in order to accommodate new fibre connectivity installation.
- Installation of 25 nr. precast chambers 4m long x 3m wide x 3m/4m depth with segment weights ranging between 10t and 16t each by use of cranes ranging from 95t to 130t.
- Retrofitting 16 nr. existing live campus chambers for fibre connectivity connections (incl. structural alterations).
- Final landscaping to include all topsoiling and seeding to any parts of the campus impacted by the fibre connectivity works.