- Department of Defence
Rossmore Civils Ltd
Works Completed include:
- Construction of a new carpark for the Department of Defence and realignment and re-surfacing of the existing Sentry Road. Rossmore Civils Ltd carried out these works in two operations essentially Public Road works and Car Park Construction works.
- Removed the existing public footpaths adjoining sentry road and realigned the existing palisade boundary.
- New precast concrete kerb lines were installed and the existing road surfacing was removed and 4200m2 of the road was resurfaced (4200m2).
- Permanent reinstatement of road markings, installation of public lighting and cctv
- Concrete footpaths and pedestrian crossings were also installed all works carried out whilst under live traffic and pedestrian conditions.
- Construction of new entrance onto sentry road, erection of permanent palisade fencing and associated automated security gates with access control barriers all integrating into the existing Department of Defence systems.
- Rossmore Civils Ltd diverted and realigned existing services to facilitate the development of the site including realignment of existing LV, communications and watermain services.
- The main carpark works consisted of site clearance and reduced level excavation disposal and containment of asbestos contaminated material approximately 2,000m3, installation of all site development services including, surface water communications ducting, LV and MV power, permanent car park construction including surfacing carparks , kerbing, vehicle barriers road markings etc., site electrical and mechanical installations, including public lighting, security systems and fireman all tying in with and compatible with existing systems. Extensive paving and hard landscaping of pier and dry-dock facility including tarmacadam surfacing for a 180-space permanent car park and internal roads approximately (5500m2)
- The scope of the project required extensive co-ordination of and liaising with all services utility providers, including ESB Networks, Irish Water, Cork Co. Council, and Department of Defence Ireland.