Client: Biffa Waste Services Ltd
Main Contractor: PJ Hegarty and Sons
Duration: June 2012 to August 2012
Construction of a new Landfill Cell and Capping of an existing cell within a live landfill facility.
- Excavation and stockpiling of 19,700m3 of suitable and unsuitable material
- Installation of groundwater drainage system
- Treatment / Lime stabilisation of 3,000m3 unsuitable material and placing same to form 410 mm thick attenuation layer
- Placing of 90 mm thick Trisoplast layer 8,950 m2
- Assist with installation of HDPE membrane and geotextile membrane
- Placing of leachate drainage stone and leachate extraction pipework system
Contract completed within budget and ahead of programmed schedule.